JCDC Respite and Heisley Road Respite
Lake County Board of DD/Deepwood JCDC Respite and Heisley Respite Programs are one of the many services offered at Lake County Board. Respite Care is short-term care intended to provide temporary relief and aid to the Individual's family in order to sustain the family structure and to meet planned or emergency needs of the family. JCDC Respite is housed on LCBDD’s campus in an Intermediate Care Facility setting with eight beds. Heisley Road Respite is community based and located in Mentor with four beds. Both JCDC Respite and Heisley Respite are Waiver Providers that offer support in a home-like setting and serve both children and adults with special needs.
- Respite provides 24 hour Nursing care and 24 hour direct care staff supervision
- Respite provides a safe and secure home-like environment to ensure the safety and well-being of the Individual
- Respite provides transportation to/from LCBDD’s day programs and Broadmoor school.
- Respite provides engagement and integration of Individuals within the community. Individuals participate in skill building to maintain or enhance social and leisure skills and the ability to access the community for recreational activities.
- A Respite Services must be Board eligible to receive services
- There is a referral and assessment process to ensures Individuals are appropriate for Respite Services
- Respite provides nutritious meals according to diet orders and Individuals participate in family style dining
- Payment for Respite services can be by self-pay, Level 1 and IO Waivers or an alternative funding stream
- Respite services are available year round, holidays/weekends as well as for hourly or daily use
- Heisley Respite services follows Broadmoor calendar school year