Our Agency has an opening for two (2) Recreation Specialists.
Join our Agency and make a positive difference in the lives of others … as well as your own.
Essential Job Duties (not all inclusive)
- Responsible for the community inclusion and integration of individuals served.
- Develops, plans, and supervises recreation programs for individuals served by Agency Programs.
- Assesses individuals’ needs/interests for recreation services.
- Implements and periodically reviews services offered.
- Evaluates progress of individuals toward attainment of goals.
- Plans and implements recreation activities with direct care staff at the ICF.
- Develops, schedules and supervises weekend and evening recreation/leisure programs for individuals served by LCBDD/Deepwood.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Activity Therapy, or Adaptive Physical Education, or other related field
- Possess or be eligible for Adult Services Certification from LCBDD and coursework in ART XI of Agreement
- Possession of CPR and First Aid Certification
- Certified in Medication Administration, as requested
- Certified by DODD in Community Integration
- Possession of a valid Ohio Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Hours & Job Location:
- Full Time, M– F (flexible) in Mentor, Ohio
Interested? Call (440) 350-5100 or apply at www.lakebdd.org/careers/.
Please specify the job title of the position you are applying for on your application.
View a full job description on file at the Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities (LCBDD)/Deepwood.
The LCBDD/Deepwood does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services. Applicants for employment, consideration for promotional opportunities and other aspects of employment will be judged on the basis of an individual’s ability to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. EOE/M/F/D/V
EMPLOYER: LAKE COUNTY BOARD OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES/DEEPWOOD
8121 Deepwood Boulevard, Mentor, Ohio 44060