Independent Providers are self-employed. This means that they do not employ, either directly or through contract, anyone else to provide services.
Before moving forward with the certification process, there are some things that you will need to consider; such as your comfort with using computers and technology as well as with the idea of self-employment. Please read the following document that addresses the items you will need to consider: What to Know Before Becoming an Independent Provider .
When you are ready to move forward with the certification process, you will need to review the following checklists and instructions to complete the process.
- Becoming an Independent Provider: This list outlines all of the information and requirements to become an Independent Provider.
- Creating an OH|ID Log On. Independent Provider: Instructions for setting up your username and password for the DODD website and the Supplier ID portal.
- Accessing DODD MyLearning for Initial Training: Instructions to access the required online training for certification.
- Setting up Supplier ID Number. Independent Provider: Instructions to access the Supplier ID Portal and register for a Supplier ID number.
- Completing EVV Training and Using EVV: At this time, EVV training is waived as a certification requirement. Please be aware that once certified, Providers are required to use EVV as of January 1, 2021 and will need to take training to access and use EVV.
After you have gathered all of your documentation and completed all the required training; you are ready to submit your application for certification.
- Accessing and Using PNM: These instructions show you how to navigate the application process for DODD certification.
Once your application has been submitted and your non-refundable application fee is paid, DODD will review your application. You will receive email updates as your application moves through the review process.
When you receive your certification, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contract number so that you can be added to the Provider list and email distribution list. You will also need to register for access to the Provider Portal to be able to view our Requests for Provider (RFPs) when individuals are looking for a Provider. The instructions for accessing our Provider Portal are here.