Provider certification is valid for 3 years. In the 90 days prior to your certification expiring, you will begin to receive communication from DODD via email regarding your renewal. It is very important to submit your application for recertification in a timely manner so that there is no lapse in your certification that would prevent you from providing services or submitting claims for reimbursement.
The typical documents required for submission with your recertification may include but are not limited to the following:
- Background Check
- BCII if not enrolled in Rapback
- FBI if not a resident of Ohio for the last five years
- State Identification
- Valid “American Red Cross” or equivalent CPR/First Aid Certification
- Certificate or Transcript verifying completion of required training
- As required by Rule
- Car Insurance (only if certified in NMT and/or HPC Transportation)
- Driver’s Abstract (only if certified in NMT and/or HPC Transportation)
Other documentation may be required depending on service certification renewals and/or additions and changes in demographic information
The instructions to complete the recertification application can be found on this document.