Our Transportation Department is searching for Substitute Bus Drivers.
Join our Agency and make a positive difference in the lives of others, as well as your own.
Essential Job Duties for Substitute Bus Drivers:
- Observes and complies with all traffic laws and safety regulations and policies of ODE and LCBDD/Deepwood governing the operations of the bus.
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus and follows assigned route and maintains time schedule.
- Able to be trained in the use of the lift and tie-down systems for those individuals in wheelchairs.
- Cleans and services the bus, including sweeping, fueling, checking oil and coolant levels and reporting any needed repairs to mechanics.
- Develops an emergency evacuation plan and conducts emergency evacuation drills as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Drivers must hold CDL Class B Authorization and Endorsements P-S and successfully complete the ODE pre-service class within 90 days.
Hours & Job Location:
- As Needed—Hours vary; Monday – Friday.
View a full job description on file at the Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities (LCBDD)/Deepwood.
The LCBDD/Deepwood does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services. Applicants for employment, consideration for promotional opportunities and other aspects of employment will be judged on the basis of an individual’s ability to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. EOE/M/F/D/V
EMPLOYER: LAKE COUNTY BOARD OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES/DEEPWOOD
8121 Deepwood Boulevard, Mentor, Ohio 44060