The Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities/ Deepwood recognizes that the transition from High School to Adulthood can be challenging for persons with disabilities. In order to better serve your student, we have developed Transition Services.
Transition Services partners with individuals, their families, local educational entities, and other service providers in order to better plan for individual’s transition from High School to Adult Services and provides guidance throughout the process. A Transition Service and Support Administrator (SSA) is available to serve students age 14-22 who have been found eligible for services through the Lake County Board of DD.
The Transition SSA may be able to help with the following:
- Attend IEP meetings
- Help develop a Transition Plan for life after high school
- Provide information and referral to community resources
- Help provide linkage to adult services.
- Overview of Transition Services Presentation
- Referral for Eligibility Form
- A Day in the Life of Supports
- Post-Graduation Options
- Transition Services Overview & Resources
- Transition Fact Sheet
- Transition Timeline
- Continuum of System Supports
- Service & Support Administration Contacts
- Who is Who to Provide Help
- Employment Navigation Services