The Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities/ Deepwood recognizes that the transition from High School to Adulthood can be challenging for persons with disabilities. In order to better serve your student, we have developed Transition Services.
Transition Services partners with individuals, their families, local educational entities, and other service providers in order to better plan for individual’s transition from High School to Adult Services and provides guidance throughout the process. A Transition Service and Support Administrator (SSA) is available to serve students age 14-22 who have been found eligible for services through the Lake County Board of DD.
The Transition SSA may be able to help with the following:
- Attend IEP meetings
- Help develop a Transition Plan for life after high school
- Provide information and referral to community resources
- Help provide linkage to adult services.
Watch the Life After High School video to learn what options and resources are available.
Read more in our Service & Support Administration – Transition Services Flyer.
Las versiones en español de estos recursos están disponibles a pedido enviando un correo electrónico a Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you have a resource in mind that you don’t see here, please contact us.)
- Referral for Eligibility Form
- A Day in the Life of Supports
- Post-Graduation Options
- Transition Fact Sheet
- Transition Timeline
- My Transition Supports
- Family Forum on Transition Services & Employment Navigation
- Transition Services & Employment Navigation Presentation
- Continuum of System Supports
- Community Resources Checklist
- Service & Support Administration Contacts
- Who is Who to Provide Help
- LCBDD – Employment Navigation Services
- Employment First – Agency Navigation Tool