Broadmoor School is the educational program for the Lake County Board of Developmental Disabilities/Deepwood and provides four programs for students from birth through age 22 years who have developmental disabilities and are residents of Lake County.
Our goal is to develop academic skills to maximize each student’s capacity, strengthen independence, increase life skills, develop competency, and enhance communication and social-emotional skills. Our programs include adaptive physical education, swimming, home economics, therapy services, art expression and technology training.
Children who have delays in speech/language, gross motor and/or fine motor, cognitive, and/or social adaptive behaviors may be eligible to receive services from our Broadmoor School. If you have questions about your child’s development, our staff can help direct you to the individuals or programs which may best meet your needs.
News and Updates
Broadmoor School Virtual Open House – October 2020
We’re excited to kickoff the 2020-2021 Broadmoor School year. Please take a moment to watch the virtual open house video from Broadmoor administrators and the one from your respective teacher(s) from the selections below:
- Welcome from Broadmoor School Administration
- Open House – Adapted Physical Education – Ms. Sara
- Open House – Early Intervention – Supervisor Liz Miller
- Open House – Preschool I – Ms. Amber
- Open House – Preschool II – Ms. Lindsey
- Open House – Preschool III – Ms. Stephanie
- Open House – Preschool IV – Ms. Amanda
- Open House – School Age I – Ms. Elizabeth
- Open House – School Age II – Ms. Brooke
- Open House – School Age III – Ms. Kim
- Open House – LEEP I – Ms. Pat
- Open House – LEEP II – Ms. Nicole
- Open House – LEEP III – Ms. Wendy